Tuesday 19 December 2006

HD Film: Talk To Her

After my Almodovar bender at the ACMI recently, this film came onto SBS so I recorded it for my later viewing pleasure. I'd seen it on DVD relatively recently with X for the first time, and been quite perplexed by it. But watching it for a second time I was more and more seduced by its charm, depth and warmth. The bizarre plot, quite different from his other films, keeps you guessing all the time, but weaves a spell as the characters become real parts of your life. And the flamenco interlude, listened to by both you as viewer and a host of Almodovar regulars, is pure cinematic magic - one of those times where time seems to stand still and the film's rhythm matches those of your own body.

1 comment:

xofro said...

I read a comment recently that called this film Almodovar's most metaphysical - yes, I'll go with that!